25 October 2011

Hello!
Ive been working with a lady in Brazil recently, she found me via print and pattern on my feature back in July. 
She has started a social project called Garota Prendada
It helps to teach crafts to teens and pre teens, as a way to avoid poverty. 
I created the doll (Bezoli) kit for her which has now become the symbol of the project. 
I am also doing a boys version for her at the moment and a couple others which I will preview here in a few days. 
She isn't profiting from selling the kits, its just a way of funding the project to keep it going which i think is quite nice. 
The idea behind Garota Prendada is to teach young girls how to sew, embroider, knit and make them understand that life can have other purposes. 
She recently interviewed me for there online craft magazine which you can find here
Love Summerr Photobucket

0 comments: